What is a Slant Board?
You might be wondering what all the craze is about, what exactly is a Slant Board and who uses it? Well, a Slant Board is a piece of gym equipment with amazing lower-body benefits. They has been used by top-level athletes to develop leg power and treat injuries. More recently, Slant Boards have become popular after Ben Patrick (the Knees Over Toes Guy) used them in his ATG program to help thousands of people achieve superior leg strength.
What are the benefits of using a Slant Board?
- Increased leg power - Basketball players use Slant Boards to increase their vertical leap
- Increased range of motion in the ankle and knee - This can help athletes or people rehabilitating from leg injuries.
- Stabilise the kneecap - The Slant Board can isolate the VMO 'teardrop' muscle in your quadricep, reducing the chance of knee dislocation.
- Treat the following conditions:
- Shin splints
- Calf muscle strains
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Achilles & Patellar Tendonitis
What exercises should I do on my Slant Board?
There are a range of useful exercises that can be done on your Slant Board, from stretching and balancing to loaded squats. We recommend starting with these five exercises:
- VMO Squat
- Slant Board Calf Raises
- Slant Board Step-Down
- ATG Split Squat
- Calf & Hamstring Stretch
Watch this video for practical demonstrations:
Which is the best Slant Board?
A Slant Board will be a perfect addition to your gym, whether it be a home gym or a commercial one. If you’re looking to purchase a Slant Board, we offer an affordable, high-quality option - see here!